Tuesday 12 October 2010

Running Club

Finally, a computer that works! A computer that will let me add a post to my blog...

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian friends and family. On Sunday, while you were all cooking and filling your bellies with turkey, I ran my first 8.5 mile run (approximately 13.5km). The sun was out giving off a 22 degree day which made it challenging at times however I won't complain as its the middle of October. I have a new, very practical water bottle designed especially for runners which was very handy. Shortly after the run, I found myself drifting off to sleep on the couch but being Thanksgiving and living with an Australian I did the best I could to prepare a decently cooked meal and it turned out to great...I think. I have a lot to give thanks for.

Tonight was my first official night as a Ricky Running Sister. So yes, I have joined the local running club. The friendly, inviting atmosphere was fantastic. I ran with the more advanced group clocking in 6 miles (approximately 10km) in one hour four minutes. That included a five minute walk with a girl who injured a leg. Tuesdays are club nights, but I have been asked to join a small group of ladies that run on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. They are currently training for a half marathon, so they will help keep me on my toes and most importantly help motivate me for future, cold winter night runs.

Thanks to my two new followers Mel and Lucy! It is fun to have such great people follow in what seems to be a tough personal challenge. Your support is muchly appreciated. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment