Monday 4 October 2010

I Blame it on Blisters!

I haven't written an entry for a while... perhaps it was due to my lack of motivation to be active or because my computer has a virus. Either way, the past week of training has not been a successful one. I think I was more productive last week in getting blisters - three of them from my work shoes - one on each pinkie toe and a bigger blister on the bottom of my big toe. I did manage to get to the gym twice for some weights and other cardio but it was very uncomfortable to walk let alone run. Needless to say the shoes have been thrown in the dumpster near my home which brings a smile from ear to ear and not just to me... Mark did enjoy the walk in my bare feet from the car to the bin - perhaps another Sid move?
 
A few good things have happened in organising my training over the weekend. I have registered and booked accommodation for a marathon clinic where I will be provided with nutrition and running information to get me through the race. This takes place in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to meeting people who are also preparing for the same difficult task. Thanks to my support team for providing the transportation and company on the trip. You are the best!
 
I have also looked into and inquired about joining the local running club which will begin next Tuesday. It will be good to have some people to meet and run with during the long, dark winter evenings and very cold mornings.
 
Excitement has occurred as I now have a registered third follower - Thanks Julie-Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment