Tuesday 29 March 2011

Injury

The foot I've been resting and icing had a diagnosis yesterday. There is suspected ligament damage in the metatarsal of my right foot. I have been advised not to run until the marathon but to maintain my cardio by biking and/or swimming. I am also doing continued physiotherapy treatment to speed the heeling and strengthen my right foot. There is no bone damage.

With all the training I have completed, all the friends and family supporting me and the fundraising I have done I continue to remain positive. Yes, I admit, it does really suck that I have to stop running especially with the weather being so nice. I just need to eat well, stretch, cycle, and relax for the next 11 days.

I'm so excited for the arrival of Perry, Lindsay, and Carolyn and our resting vacation in Portugal. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment