Saturday 18 September 2010

Sunrise

 

sun·rise [suhn-rahyz] - noun
1. the rise or ascent of the sun above the horizon in the morning.
2. the atmospheric and scenic phenomena accompanying this.
3. the time when half the sun has risen above the horizon.
 
Sitting at our foldaway table by the large window, thinking of the days gone by and the week ahead, I'm filled with complete peacefulness. The sun is rising for a new day and the rest of the neighbourhood seems to be snuggled in their beds for a Saturday morning lie in. No breath of wind. Silence.
 
I debate going for a run but feeling the chill from the outside and seeing the near frost on the cars, I relax. I tell myself to wait just a few hours, but I feel anxious. Trying to pass time and after doing a little tidy around our home, I step out into the sunshine and shiver. It is just a few degrees above freezing. I know I will warm up once I start running but I can't bare it. I'm off to the gym.
 
Going to the gym isn't necessarily a bad thing. A little cross training is supposed to be good for a long distance runner. I run 5km in approximately 28 minutes as a warm up. It's no longer cold. With sweat pouring down my face I head for the weights. The peacefulness still exists within me and in the atmosphere. It's good to have the workout done well before nine o'clock. I feel confident and ready for the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment