Saturday 25 September 2010

Autumn Morning

Waking up this morning I made the decision to go to the gym to do some interval training to improve my speed. As I opened the blind and saw the bright blue sky and the warm sun, I realised it was the perfect morning for a run by the canal. I easily ran 10km today with the cool autumn air keeping my body temperature at a reasonable level...thankfully. As I sit here writing, I feel fatigued and a little sore but it was well worth it.

Upon registering for the Brighton Marathon, I entered as a 'general entrant' meaning I wouldn't have to raise money for charity if I didn't want to. However, I have been inspired by the recent Great North Run participants and I am currently doing some research of charities to run for. I like my mom's idea of raising money to help families affected by cancer in my local area. The challenge is finding the right one. I'd like to go for a smaller organisation that has just started or is not getting as much funding as the others. Any suggestions would be great. In the meantime, I will keep searching.   

The photos below are from one of my running routes. I passed all of these things on my run today.

 Entry to the Lakes
 Sailing Club at Bury Lake
 Weeping Willows near Batchworth Lock

 Boathouses near Batchworth Lock
World's Best Pub

No comments:

Post a Comment