Friday 1 April 2011

Travel

trav·el
–verb (used without object)
 
1. to go from one place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship;
 
If I were to write my own definition for point one it would say:
~ to go from one place to another with enjoyment, as by car, train, plane, or ship;
 
Whatever happened to smiling faces, small chat and comfy chairs for everyone? Faster transport would be effective as well...even better, going through our day to day without a clock, meeting deadlines, and moving by the sound of an alarm or bell. What I would like to know is why isn't there a Siesta in every culture? ...where no one travels...hmmm...now there's an idea isn't it? Yes, Transport For London, you really got to me today!!
 
2. to move or go from one place or point to another.
 
If I were to write my own definition for point two it would say:
~to move or go from one place or point to another by foot
 
One thing I have learned through all of my training from the marathon is that you can really go places with two feet and a heart beat and as a result we would have a much healthier society as well. Why do we always have to travel by car, train or bus? Why not walk or run?  Is it because we have all those deadlines and meetings times? Let's not forget that while in the fresh outdoors you can enjoy the sunshine, the chirping of birds and other sounds of nature and really appreciate what's around us.
 
3. to proceed or advance in any way.
...in any way. I love it! Let's run!
 
8 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment