Sunday 9 January 2011

10 MiLeS!!

Well today is the day that I've successfully hit the 10 mile mark on my own and in the sun! I felt rested this morning getting out of bed and ready to attack a long run -- thinking I would stick to my usual 8 mile that I've been running for the last month. To my surprise I ran the longer distance keeping a very steady pace of 10 minute miles. If I were to maintain that pace throughout the marathon I would be finished in 4hr20min which would be a massive accomplishment. The goal for this marathon at the moment is to finish at 5 hours...anything less than that would be great! However, having said that just to finish would be fantastic! I'm so excited that Perry and Lindsay will be here for the big day and my fiancee too! This alone has given me the motivation to continue training hard.

Now to rest for a 6 mile run with the girls on Tuesday night...x

1 comment:

  1. WOoooOOoooT!!! Well Done :) And awesome that Perry and Lindsay will be there with Mark cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete