Sunday 16 January 2011

Longest Time Recorded

Another Sunday and another long run. I admit I am unsure of my distance but I can say that I ran for two hours and seven minutes which has been longest recorded time yet. I ran well and consistantly through mud paths and paved streets, up hills and down hills, near the canal, in the forest...I was all over the place.

I wanted to extend my run this week to 12 miles. Once I got to a well known park in a local community I noticed piles of runners and race marshalls too! I ended up joining in on a cross country race, I was being cheered on by people, getting high fives and I also found myself encouraging other runners up one hell of a steep hill. I ran next to one girl asking her if she needed someone to run with for a little support and encouragement. She picked up the pace with me until I left the course for the race and onto my own route. Everyone was lovely and running with the large group was very motivating.

Once I made it back to Ricky and onto the main road I heard a voice holler from the service station 'Come on Ali!' Leon later drove by with his lovely fiancee Claire who asked if I needed a lift. It was just the boost I needed as I was in my 124th minute of my run. They pushed me through to the finish line which was great! Thanks!

I have been told that its your support team that helps get you through the 26 mile run. After going for dinner with Leon and Claire last night to celebrate our engagements they decided they were also going to try to attend the marathon in Brighton to cheer me on! How cool!

Thank you to everyone who have sent messages of support and to those who are able to encourage me in person. You have no idea how much it means to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Al,
    Keep up the good work. I can't wait to cheer you through the marathon. I'm so proud of you. Reading this blog was exactly what I needed to get to the gym today. You're the best.
    Love Perry

    ReplyDelete