Monday 3 January 2011

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!

I cannot believe we are into another new year, 2011! The holidays made training challenging however I did manage a couple of runs while in Gander, NL and one of those was with my brother Charles during some heavy flurries. That particular run was difficult as we found we were using more energy fighting the wind and snow in the face then actually lifting our feet while covering the distance.

I just completed my first run of the new year all while wearing my new running hat given to me by Mel to help with my marathon training -- Thanks Mel!! The holidays were fantastic although a little delayed because of 10cm of snow at Heathrow. Spending time with family and close friends was definitely ideal for the holidays.

Happy New Year to everyone! I don't have a New Year's Resolution however I do know that I am eager to complete this marathon and it will be my main focus from now until April 10th. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! So glad to hear you got home and had a great trip! Now the new year - stay the course, I know you can do it!! xo

    ReplyDelete